Our series on Reading Conflict is opportunity for mediators, conflict professionals, and anyone who is interested to develop their critical thinking tools by participating in a conversation about conflict with a unique starting point: literature and arts. Using a book, a newspaper article, a play, a song or video, participants are invited to critically reflect on conflict themes and ideas. The intent is to develop critical thinking capacities, draw out intrinsic insights, and generating robust discussion. Our hope is to invite arts, music, culture and literature curators to participate in this conversation with us.
Guest presenters from a wide range of backgrounds join facilitators Aaron Leakey and Sharon Sutherland in leading monthly, online discussions on changing themes and topics.
Our schedule is:
- March 11 – Conflict Resolution & the Natural Wildlife
- April 15 – Lessons of Empathy from Children’s Books
- May 13 – Inner Conflict
- June 17 – “If you can imagine it…”: The Unrealized Potential of Fan Fiction for Conflict Resolution Professionals
- October 7 – Gossip: Exploring the possible values of gossip through audiodrama
- November 4 – Gamifying Good: Playing D&D for Charity
- December 2 – Year End Review
All sessions are from 5:30 – 7:00 on Zoom.
If you have an idea you would like submit to this discussion, please contact us at CoreClinic1@gmail.com