Do you have a conflict resolution writing project that has been lingering on and on? Or perhaps you’ve been thinking it would be a good business plan to start blogging about dispute resolution topics, write an article for a local newspaper, or finish an academic paper for journal publication? Maybe you even have an idea for an amazing screenplay on DR topics, but never find the time to sit down and write it? Or it’s a children’s book with a conflict resolution theme, or a novel that features a mediator, or a graphic novel exploring communication challenges, or ….?
If any of these apply, or if you’ve been thinking of some other writing project you’d like to work on, consider going us in our weekly conflict resolution writers’ group.
We welcome anyone who is interested in writing on any topic related to conflict resolution and in any format. We also welcome participants with varied availability and needs to join us weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or even just every so often. Frequent attendees will have the chance to influence our schedule and locations, but we appreciate hearing from others who are looking for alternatives and might be willing to host or organize an event in their neighbourhood or online at a time that works better for them.
During each session, we include a check-in at beginning and end and at least 90 minutes of concentrated writing time. We meet online or in-person, and anyone is welcome to join us.
We will update times and locations on this page. If you’d like to receive email notification of monthly schedules, please email email@example.com and ask to be added to the Writers’ Group email list.
Most meetings are held on Fridays from 10:00-noon. Alternative dates and times are noted in the list below.
- September 6 – in-person at Commercial Street Cafe (3599 Commercial Street)
- September 13 – We will be attending Jon Bennett’s workshop, “How to Tell a Story” at the Vancouver Fringe Festival. Book a ticket and join us there! (10:00-1:00)
- September 20 – in-person, 3:00-5:00 at Suite 2200, MNP Tower, 1021 West Hastings Street. Join us for a writing session before the Mediate BC Reception (5:00-7:00).
- September 27 – online: https://zoom.us/j/962131357
- Saturday, October 5 – Special in-person meeting in conjunction with the New Mediators Group. Focus on Blogging about Conflict Resolution. Meet at Waves, 900 Howe Street from 10:00-noon.
- October 11 – in-person at the Old Crow Coffee Co, 655 Front Street, New Westminster
- October 18 – online: https://zoom.us/j/876845603
- November 1 – NaNoWriMo launch (9:00-11:00) online: https://zoom.us/j/434036861
To learn more please watch: